this is my entry in Michae'ls Moly
spicy watermelon and corn salsa
- 2 cups diced watermelon (about 1/2-inch), seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 jalapenos or 3 serrano chiles, stem and seeds removed, chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 lime (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation:Place the watermelon, corn, and chiles in a medium bowl.
Mix together the lime juice, brown sugar, and salt until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the watermelon mixture.
Gently toss until everything is coated with the liquid.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to meld.Serve with chips or as a condiment for tacos, burritos, veggie burgers, ect.